Business critical applications have to be available under all conditions – even if loads suddenly spike or certain hardware components fail. This is why load balancers are used to distribute network traffic across multiple servers working in parallel. This provides scalability and fail-safe reliability.
The LES network and BalanceNG software represent the perfect combination for an affordable, high-performance load balancer.
BalanceNG is a layer-2, software implemented load balancer. It was fully developed in Germany and is free of back doors or other surveillance interfaces. This was confirmed with the “IT Security made in Germany” certificate from the Federal Association for IT Security (TeleTrusT).
The load balancing software BalanceNG has been used for many years by numerous major telecommunications companies in critical environments.
The software brings its own optimized network stack and supports ten different balancing methods as well as configurable, agent-based balancing. BalanceNG is excellently documented. Numerous configuration examples ensure a smooth start.
Paired with our passively cooled LES network, the result is a load balancer appliance that meets the strictest requirements at a reasonable price: The hardware’s ten network ports allow for utmost variability regarding the network topologies employed. Since BalanceNG takes advantage of hyper-threading, the software optimally uses the CPU's four cores.
- High performance thanks to optimal network stack and hyper-threading
- Simple installation and configuration
- High availability with VRRP (Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol)
- DSR support (Direct Server Return)
- Up to 128 virtual instances per server
- IPv6 support
- 10 load balancing methods
- 4 health check methods
- 8 million sessions per GB of RAM
- 10 Ethernet ports
- Quad-core CPU
- Up to 8 GB of RAM
- High-quality industrial components
- Compact dimensions: 48 mm (H), 185 mm (W), 165 mm (D)