Disable CPU Power Saving Management in BIOS
In some cases it is recommended to deactivate the power saving settings of the CPU in the BIOS. In this article we will show you where to find the options and how to disable them, so that the power management options CPU P State Control and CPU C State Control are completely disabled in the BIOS.
This article disables the options on a Supermicro X10DRi motherboard with Intel Xeon E5 2620v4. For more information about the Power Saving settings, see Processor P-states and C-states.
Disable CPU Power Management
- During the boot process, press the Delete or Entf button (depending on your keyboard layout) to enter the BIOS
- Switch to -> Advanced CPU Configuration -> Advanced Power Management Configuration
- Change Power Technology to Custom and Energy Efficient Turbo to Disable.
- Switch to CPU P State Control, deactivate EIST (P-States) and Turbo Mode.
- Then switch to CPU C State Control, change Package C State Limit to C0/C1 state and deactivate CPU C3 Report, CPU C6 Report and Enhanced Halt State (C1E).
Author: Sebastian Köbke