3U AMD Single-CPU SC835 Server
This article will show you details about the Thomas Krenn 3HE AMD Single-CPU SC835 Server.
Further details on BIOS versions and other Wiki articles can be found at the linked Wiki article of the motherboard.
- Configurator: Product not available anymore
- Motherboard: Supermicro H8SCM-F Motherboard
- Chassis: SC835TQ-R800B
- Backplane: CSE-SAS-833TQ SAS/SATA Backplane (SAS-2 compatible)
- New with version 1.1:
- AMD Operon 4200 CPUs (Codename Valencia, 32nm process technology)
- New with version 1.0:
- Supermicro H8SCM-F Motherboard with Full Integrated Management
- AMD Operon 4100 CPUs (Codename Lisbon, 45nm process technology)
- DDR3 ECC Registered RAM
- Datasheet - 3U AMD Single-CPU SC835 Server (Ver. 1.*)
- Test protocol - 3U AMD Single-CPU SC835 Server (Ver. 1.*) (form to request the test protocol)
- Downloads - 3U AMD Single-CPU SC835 Server (Ver. 1.*)
- gallery - 3U AMD Single-CPU SC835 Server (Ver. 1.*)
- Can the same battery be used for every Motherboard? Yes, all systems use a CR2032 battery.
- Why is no Red Hat or Suse software available for this server / pc? Thomas Krenn servers / pcs are not officially certified by Red Hat or Suse certification programs. There would be no support by Red Hat or Suse in case of issues with the operating system.
- What is the recommended ambient temperature and air humidity for this system? The recommended ambient temperature is between 20-22 degrees celsius, the max. air humidity 40%.
- Is it possible to install a Desktop Operating System on a Thomas Krenn Server? Desktop Operating Systems get not tested, as we do not support running them on Thomas Krenn servers. A proper operating is not guaranteed. An installation of a Desktop Operating System on a Thomas Krenn is at one's own risk and not supported by Thomas Krenn.
- Is it possible to use the dedicated IPMI NIC as a normal NIC visible to the operating system? No, this dedicated NIC port can only be used for remote management purposes.
- Why can only be four HDDs connected to the onboard SATA controller? The controller supports up to four HDDs in a RAID, that is the reason why we support also only up to four HDDs.
1U AMD Dual-CPU RA2104 Server
1U Intel Single-CPU RI1102H Server with TKmon
2U Intel Dual-CPU SR2625 Server