2U Intel Dual-CPU SC825M Server
This article will show you details about the Thomas Krenn 2HE Intel Dual-CPU SC825M Server.
Further details on BIOS versions and other Wiki articles can be found at the linked Wiki article of the motherboard.
- Configurator: Product not available anymore
- Motherboard: Supermicro X8DTL-3F Motherboard
- Chassis: SC825MTQ-R700LPB
- Backplane: BPN-SAS-825MTQ SAS/SATA Backplane (SAS-2 compatible)
- New with version 2.1:
- Intel Xeon 5600 CPUs (Codename Westmere, 32nm process technology)
- Datasheet - 2U Intel Dual-CPU SC825M Server (Ver. 2.*)
- Test protocol - 2U Intel Dual-CPU SC825M Server (Ver. 2.*) (form to request the test protocol)
- Downloads - 2U Intel Dual-CPU SC825M Server (Ver. 2.*)
- gallery - 2U Intel Dual-CPU SC825M Server (Ver. 2.*)
- Can the same battery be used for every Motherboard? Yes, all systems use a CR2032 battery.
- Why is no Red Hat or Suse software available for this server / pc? Thomas Krenn servers / pcs are not officially certified by Red Hat or Suse certification programs. There would be no support by Red Hat or Suse in case of issues with the operating system.
- What is the recommended ambient temperature and air humidity for this system? The recommended ambient temperature is between 20-22 degrees celsius, the max. air humidity 40%.
- Is it possible to install a Desktop Operating System on a Thomas Krenn Server? Desktop Operating Systems get not tested, as we do not support running them on Thomas Krenn servers. A proper operating is not guaranteed. An installation of a Desktop Operating System on a Thomas Krenn is at one's own risk and not supported by Thomas Krenn.
- Is it possible to use the dedicated IPMI NIC as a normal NIC visible to the operating system? No, this dedicated NIC port can only be used for remote management purposes.
1U Intel Single-CPU RI1102H Server
2U Intel Dual-CPU SC826 Server
Server-Tower Intel Single-CPU TI104+