All our servers are tested with multiple operating systems. Apart from Microsoft products the compatibility of our systems is tested with the following Linux distributions:
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (*)
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (*)
We carry out function tests of the individual components, such as onboard SATA / SAS, RAID controllers and network interface cards. Detailed results are documented in the server's test protocol.
Our Linux commitment goes far beyond these tests:
- As Debian partners , we support the open source project with hardware for operation services and provide servers for DebConf events in Europe (DebConf11 in Bosnia-Herzegovina, DebConf9 in Spain, DebConf7 in Scotland).
- Linux know-how is important to us:
- After production, each Thomas Krenn Server is pre-installed and intensively tested with Debian Linux at our department of quality assurance.
- We work closely with other Linux experts and are
- We provide provide practical tools as open source software:
with our Nagios IPMI plugin to monitor any IPMI-compliant server hardware - for free!
- We support open source projects:
- We support community projects such as RadioTux
Our installation and functional tests are not equivalent to a certification by Red Hat or Novell.