Thomas Krenn Open Source Sponsorship 2014
On the occasion of the LinuxTag 2014 in Berlin, Thomas Krenn runs again the Thomas Krenn Open Source Sponsorship supporting Open Source Projects. For the fifth time in a row after 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013, Thomas Krenn runs the promotion in collaboration with Linuxhotel, NETWAYS and Univention.
Five prizes will be awarded in the form of credits for Thomas Krenn servers. The winning projects will be selected by an independent jury of four.
The prizes are worth:
- prize: 2,500 Euro
- prize: 1,500 Euro
- prize: 1,000 Euro
- prize: 800 Euro
- prize: 700 Euro
The project teams can register for the Thomas Krenn Open Source Sponsorship 2014 by sending an email to email@example.com or directly at OSDC or LinuxTag 2014 in Berlin at the Thomas Krenn booth.
The jury is comprised of the following members:
- Peter H. Ganten, Managing Director of Univention GmbH and Chairman of the Board of the Open Source Business Alliance e.V.
- Ingo Wichmann, Managing Director of the Linuxhotel
- Jacqueline Rahemipour, Boardmember of LinuxTag e.V.
- Bernd Erk, Managing Director NETWAYS
- Each candidate must be an active member of an open source project or community. Applications can only be made for open source projects or communities, not individuals.
- Each candidate submits one or more specific hardware configurations of Thomas Krenn servers with the application. The candidate saves the desired hardware configurations as a shopping cart in the Thomas Krenn webshop, and provides the numbers of those saved shopping carts with the application. Helpful is an entry-level configuration of about 700 euros net value, as well as other larger configurations.
- Each submitted project will be listed in the Thomas Krenn Wiki in the category of open source projects. A desired text description and other information such as Web address of the project can be specified in the submission. By this way, readers of the Thomas Krenn Wiki will get to know the open source project.
- In the event that you win a hardware price, we would appreciate a short link from the project website to ours. Such a link is, however, voluntary and not a condition for receiving a prize.
- Projects can be submitted repeatedly for funding.
- All decisions are final and not subject to legal appeal.
- 6,500 Euro for Open-Source-Projects - Thomas Krenn again awards the LinuxTag Open Source Projects Promotion with server hardware (Pressemitteilung, 02.05.2013)
- Thomas Krenn honored five Open Source Projects - The server manufacturer from Freyung awarded the winning teams with server hardware valued at 6,500 Euro. (Pressemitteilung, 26.08.2013)
- Thomas Krenn awards Open-Source-Projects (heise.de, 26.08.2013)
- Thomas Krenn Open Source Sponsorship 2013
Author: Thomas Niedermeier