Configuration Limitations with VMware vShpere 5
VMware provides detailed information on the configuration limitations (Configuration Maximums) with vSphere 5:
- http://www.vmware.com/files/de/pdf/vsp_50_config_max_de.pdf (German document)
- http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vsphere5/r50/vsphere-50-configuration-maximums.pdf (English document)
This article shows details of limitations from these documents.
The following limitations apply to the VMFS-3 (the newer VMFS-5 has other limitations, see the PDFs from VMware above):
- Volume size: 64 TB (For VMFS3-Volumes with 1 MB block size with a maximum size of 50 TB.)
|VMFS-3 Blockgröße||maximale Dateigröße (Größe einer virtuellen HDD)|
|Block Size = 1 MB||256 GB minus 512 Byte|
|Block Size = 2 MB||512 GB minus 512 Byte|
|Block Size = 4 MB||1 TB minus 512 Byte|
|Block Size = 8 MB||2 TB minus 512 Byte|
- This article shows which features are available with which licenses VMware vSphere 5 Editions Overview.
- Current version information is available at Current version information VMware vSphere 5.
- In this article you will find information regarding the limitations with VMware vSphere 4 Configuration Limitations with VMware vSphere 4.