With the Thomas Krenn Call-Home-Service your network monitoring system (TKmon or Icinga/Nagios) will automatically send a notification email to the Thomas Krenn support team when problems with your Thomas Krenn server hardware occur.
In this article you will find links answering the most common questions regarding the Call-Home-Service.
- What is the Call-Home-Service from Thomas Krenn? -> Call-Home-Service
- How do I order the Call-Home-Service? -> You can purchase the Call-Home-Service as a service option since 07/23/2013 for each Thomas Krenn Server (it is part of the Exclusive Package and of the Enterprise Package). For existing servers Call-Home-Service can be purchased as a service upgrade.
- Which hardware components can I monitor? -> Call-Home-Service - Supported Call-Home Monitoring
- How do I configure the Call-Home-Service?
- Where do I find my Auth-Key? -> Call-Home-Service#Configuration Call-Home Auth-Key
Author: Werner Fischer
Werner Fischer, working in the Web Operations & Knowledge Transfer team at Thomas-Krenn, completed his studies of Computer and Media Security at FH Hagenberg in Austria. He is a regular speaker at many conferences like LinuxTag, OSMC, OSDC, LinuxCon, and author for various IT magazines. In his spare time he enjoys playing the piano and training for a good result at the annual Linz marathon relay.