3U Intel Single-CPU SC836 Server
This article will show you details about the Thomas Krenn 3HE Intel Single-CPU SC836 Server.
Further details on BIOS versions and other Wiki articles can be found at the linked Wiki article of the motherboard.
- Configurator: Product not available anymore
- Motherboard: Supermicro X9SCM-F Motherboard
- Chassis: SC836E16-R1200B
- Backplane: BPN-SAS2-836EL1 (SAS/SATA Expander Backplane, SAS-2 compatible)
- New with version 3.1:
- Intel Xeon E3-1200v2 CPUs (Codename Ivy Bridge, 22nm process technology)
- New with version 3.0:
- Supermicro Motherboard X9SCM-F
- Intel Xeon E3-1200 CPUs (Codename Sandy Bridge, 32nm process technology)
- energy-saving DDR3 ECC RAM, up to 32 GB
- 2x SATA-3 onboard ports
- 4x SATA-2 onboard ports
- Datasheet - 3U Intel Single-CPU SC836 Server (Ver. 3.*)
- Test protocol - 3U Intel Single-CPU SC836 Server (Ver. 3.*) (form to request the test protocol)
- Downloads - 3U Intel Single-CPU SC836 Server (Ver. 3.*)
- gallery - 3U Intel Single-CPU SC836 Server (Ver. 3.*)
- Can the same battery be used for every Motherboard? Yes, all systems use a CR2032 battery.
- Why is no Red Hat or Suse software available for this server / pc? Thomas Krenn servers / pcs are not officially certified by Red Hat or Suse certification programs. There would be no support by Red Hat or Suse in case of issues with the operating system.
- What is the recommended ambient temperature and air humidity for this system? The recommended ambient temperature is between 20-22 degrees celsius, the max. air humidity 40%.
- Is it possible to install a Desktop Operating System on a Thomas Krenn Server? Desktop Operating Systems get not tested, as we do not support running them on Thomas Krenn servers. A proper operating is not guaranteed. An installation of a Desktop Operating System on a Thomas Krenn is at one's own risk and not supported by Thomas Krenn.
- Is it possible to use the dedicated IPMI NIC as a normal NIC visible to the operating system? No, this dedicated NIC port can only be used for remote management purposes.
Workstation Intel Single-CPU SR105 Silent