STEC s840 Enterprise SAS SSDs
This article contains detailed information on STEC s840 Enterprise SAS SSDs (STEC ZeusIOPS Enterprise SAS MLC SSDs).
- Form factor: 2,5"
- NAND flash memory: MLC
- Process technology: n/a
- Interface: 6 Gb/s SAS
- Additional information:
- STEC s840 Enterprise SAS SSD FAQ (www.stec-inc.com)
- Special features:
- CellCare: Engineering MLC Flash-Based SSDs to Reduce Total Cost of Ownership in Enterprise SSD Deployments (Whitepaper, stec-inc.com)
- SAFE: STEC Secure Array of Flash ElementsTM Technology Improves Reliability of Enterprise-Class SSDs (Whitepaper, stec-inc.com)
TKperf test report
| Spare Area
(GB and % in add.
to net cap.)
(max. random IOPS performance)
|S840E200M2 (form. Z16IZF2E-200UCV)||200 GB||unknown||unknown||unknown||3,65 PB||up to MB/s||up to 300 MB/s||up to 75.000||n/a||up to 11.000|
|S840E400M2 (form. Z16IZF2E-400UCV)||400 GB||unknown||unknown||unknown||7,3 PB||up to 500 MB/s||up to 300 MB/s||up to 75.000||n/a||up to 11.000|
|S842E800M2 (form. Z16IZF2E-800UCZ)||800 GB|| 1.024 GB
|224 GB||16x64 GB||14,6 PB||up to 500 MB/s||up to 300 MB/s||up to 75.000||n/a||up to 11.000|
- STEC s840 Enterprise SSD Review (storagereview.com, 12.11.2012)
Source: Firmware Release Notes or querying of SSD's.
- STEC s840 Enterprise SAS SSD FAQ (www.stec-inc.com): s840 drives based on MLC carry a 5-year warranty and allow for 10 full-capacity writes per drive per day.
- STEC s840 Enterprise SSD Review (storagereview.com, 12.11.2012): The 800GB model uses 64GB NAND pieces, giving it a total RAW capacity of 1TB and an over-provisioning level of 28%.
Author: Werner Fischer
Werner Fischer, working in the Web Operations & Knowledge Transfer team at Thomas-Krenn, completed his studies of Computer and Media Security at FH Hagenberg in Austria. He is a regular speaker at many conferences like LinuxTag, OSMC, OSDC, LinuxCon, and author for various IT magazines. In his spare time he enjoys playing the piano and training for a good result at the annual Linz marathon relay.