MegaRAID CacheCade SSD Cache
With CacheCade, LSI is offering a quick SSD read/write cache for RAID volumes. The functional approach is similar to Adaptec's maxCache technology. Detailed information about the configuration of a CacheCade volume can be found once more in the Configuring the LSI MegaRAID CacheCade.
- One or more SSDs will be connected to the RAID controller in addition to the normal hard disks, when using CacheCade.
- Thereby, the conventional hard disks operate completely normally in the RAID array (such as, four hard disks in a RAID 5 array).
- Data that is often read from the RAID array is automatically stored on the SSDs ("working data set").
- Data areas that are often read can therefore be read directly from the SSD, which improves read performance.
- The CacheCade content will remain on the SSDs even during a re-boot.
Initial version of CacheCade
CacheCade Pro 2.0
RAID Controllers and CacheCade
- All 926x, 927x and 928x Controller are supporting CacheCade.
- Currently SW and HW license keys can be used to enable CacheCade. But in the near future HW keys will be the only option enable CacheCade. Information about the usage of SW keys can be found in
- CacheCade and LSI CacheVault Flash Cache can be combined.
- Only SSDs approved by LSI should be used together with CacheCade. You can find a list of them here: