Intel MFS5520VI Westmere Compute Module
In this article you will find information regarding the Intel MFS5520VI Westmere Compute Module from Thomas Krenn. Further details on BIOS versions and other Wiki articles can be found at the linked Wiki article of the motherboard.
- The MFS5520VI Westmere Compute Modules can be used in Intel Modular Servers V1 and V2 systems.
- Configurator: Product not available anymore
- Motherboard: Intel MFS5520VIR Motherboard
- Chassis: Intel® Compute Module MFS5520VIR
- New with version 1.1:
- Intel Xeon 5600 "Westmere" CPUs
- Datasheet - Intel MFS5520VI Westmere Compute Module (Ver. 1.*)
- Test protocol - Intel MFS5520VI Westmere Compute Module (Ver. 1.*) (form to request the test protocol)
- Downloads - Intel MFS5520VI Westmere Compute Module (Ver. 1.*)
- gallery - Intel MFS5520VI Westmere Compute Module (Ver. 1.*)
- Can the same battery be used for every Motherboard? Yes, all systems use a CR2032 battery.
- Why is no Red Hat or Suse software available for this server / pc? Thomas Krenn servers / pcs are not officially certified by Red Hat or Suse certification programs. There would be no support by Red Hat or Suse in case of issues with the operating system.
- What is the recommended ambient temperature and air humidity for this system? The recommended ambient temperature is between 20-22 degrees celsius, the max. air humidity 40%.
- Is it possible to run a dual-CPU motherboard with only one CPU? Yes, all of our dual-CPU motherboards support that. Note that only the RAM slots of this single CPU can be used then.
- Is it possible to install a Desktop Operating System on a Thomas Krenn Server? Desktop Operating Systems get not tested, as we do not support running them on Thomas Krenn servers. A proper operating is not guaranteed. An installation of a Desktop Operating System on a Thomas Krenn is at one's own risk and not supported by Thomas Krenn.
1U Intel Single-CPU RI1102H Server with TKmon
2U Intel Dual-CPU SC823 Server
2U Intel Dual-CPU SC825 Server