Enable Intel 10 Gigabit Network Cards PXE Boot
In this article you will learn how to activate the PXE Boot on Intel 10 Gigabit Network Cards.
The PXE Boot is often not possible on the Intel 10 Gigabit SFP+ Dual Port Network Cards and you can not put these in the boot order of the BIOS.
To make this possible, follow this list of required steps explained here.
These directions have been tested using the EFI system Supermicro X9DRi-F Motherboard.
- Download the file Bootutil.zip.
- Unzip the file Bootutil.exe.
- Copy Bootutil.exe to a Bootable USB Stick.
- Start the server.
- Select the USB Stick from the Boot Menu (F11).
- Then type the following commands in the command line:
- bootutil (an overview of available NICs are displayed)
- bootutil -NIC=x -FE (x=a network card port, e.g. NIC=3)
- Repeat this step for the second NIC.
- Finally, restart the server.
- Using Del will take you back to the BIOS Menu.
- Under the BOOT heading of Network Drive BBS Priorities you can now select the NICs of the network card for the above places.
- Then select the NIC network card in the boot sequence.
- Finally, you can select F4 to save and exit.
Author: Sebastian Köbke