4U AMD Dual-CPU SC847 Server
This article will show you details about the Thomas Krenn 4HE AMD Dual-CPU SC847 Server.
Further details on BIOS versions and other Wiki articles can be found at the linked Wiki article of the motherboard.
- Configurator: Product not available anymore
- Motherboard: Supermicro H8DG6-F Motherboard
- Chassis: SC847E16-R1400LPB
- Backplane: BPN-SAS2-846EL1 SAS Expander Backplane (SAS-2 compatible) and BPN-SAS2-826EL1 SAS Expander Backplane (SAS-2 compatible)
- New with version 2.2:
- AMD Opteron 6300 CPUs (Codename Abu Dhabi, 32nm process technology)
- New with version 2.1:
- AMD Opteron 6200 CPUs (Codename Interlagos, 32nm process technology)
- New with version 2.0:
- New AMD dual-CPU motherboard H8DG6-F
- AMD Opteron 6100 CPUs (Codename Magny-Cours, 45nm process technology)
- Up to 256GB DDR3 ECC Registered RAM
- New Chassis SC847 with 24 HDDs at the front side and 12 HDDs at the back
- 2x 1400W 80plus Gold certified power supplies
- Datasheet - 4U AMD Dual-CPU RA2436 Server (Ver. 2.*)
- Test protocol - 4U AMD Dual-CPU RA2436 Server (Ver. 2.*) (form to request the test protocol)
- Downloads - 4U AMD Dual-CPU RA2436 Server (Ver. 2.*)
- gallery - 4U AMD Dual-CPU RA2436 Server (Ver. 2.*)
- Can the same battery be used for every Motherboard? Yes, all systems use a CR2032 battery.
- Why is no Red Hat or Suse software available for this server / pc? Thomas Krenn servers / pcs are not officially certified by Red Hat or Suse certification programs. There would be no support by Red Hat or Suse in case of issues with the operating system.
- What is the recommended ambient temperature and air humidity for this system? The recommended ambient temperature is between 20-22 degrees celsius, the max. air humidity 40%.
- Is it possible to run a dual-CPU motherboard with only one CPU? Yes, all of our dual-CPU motherboards support that. Note that only the RAM slots of this single CPU can be used then.
- Is it possible to use 6-core CPUs in this server (H8DG6-F motherboard)? No, the socket G34 supports only 8- and 12-core CPUs.
- Is it possible to install a Desktop Operating System on a Thomas Krenn Server? Desktop Operating Systems get not tested, as we do not support running them on Thomas Krenn servers. A proper operating is not guaranteed. An installation of a Desktop Operating System on a Thomas Krenn is at one's own risk and not supported by Thomas Krenn.
- Is it possible to use the dedicated IPMI NIC as a normal NIC visible to the operating system? No, this dedicated NIC port can only be used for remote management purposes.
- Why is there no listening of the onboard SATA controller in the test protocol? In this server is a SAS Expander Backplane installed. Onboard SATA controllers cannot be used with a SAS Expander Backplane. The use of a SAS Expander Backplane requires a SAS RAID Controller or (onboard) SAS HBA.
1U Intel Dual-CPU SC813M Server
4U AMD Dual-CPU SC846 Server
4U Intel Dual-CPU SC847 Server