2U Intel Single-CPU SC216 Server
This article will show you details about the Thomas Krenn 2U Intel Single-CPU SC216 Server.
Further details on BIOS versions and other Wiki articles can be found at the linked Wiki article of the motherboard.
- Configurator: Product not available anymore
- Motherboard: Supermicro X8SIL and X8SIL-F Motherboard
- Chassis: SC216E16-R1200LPB
- Backplane: BPN-SAS2-216EL1 SAS Expander Backplane (SAS-2 compatible)
- New with version 3.0:
- Supermicro X8SIL/X8SIL-F Motherboard (X8SIL without remote management) / (X8SIL-F with remote management)
- Intel Xeon 3400 CPUs (Codename Nehalem, 45nm process technology)
- DDR3 ECC Registered memory
- New Chassis with SAS-2 (6Gbit/s Expander Backplane)
- Datasheet - 2U Intel Single-CPU SC216 Server (Ver. 3.*)
- Test protocol - 2U Intel Single-CPU SC216 Server (Ver. 3.*) (form to request the test protocol)
- Downloads - 2U Intel Single-CPU SC216 Server (Ver. 3.*)
- gallery - 2U Intel Single-CPU SC216 Server (Ver. 3.*)
- Can the same battery be used for every Motherboard? Yes, all systems use a CR2032 battery.
- Why is no Red Hat or Suse software available for this server / pc? Thomas Krenn servers / pcs are not officially certified by Red Hat or Suse certification programs. There would be no support by Red Hat or Suse in case of issues with the operating system.
- What is the recommended ambient temperature and air humidity for this system? The recommended ambient temperature is between 20-22 degrees celsius, the max. air humidity 40%.
- Is it possible to install a Desktop Operating System on a Thomas Krenn Server? Desktop Operating Systems get not tested, as we do not support running them on Thomas Krenn servers. A proper operating is not guaranteed. An installation of a Desktop Operating System on a Thomas Krenn is at one's own risk and not supported by Thomas Krenn.
- Is it possible to use the dedicated IPMI NIC as a normal NIC visible to the operating system? No, this dedicated NIC port can only be used for remote management purposes.
- Is it possible to mount a LSI 9260-X or LSI 9240-X RAID controller in a 2U chassis? No, the ports to connect the HDDs are at the upper side of these controllers. The remaining space between the controller and server cover is too small to connect a cable.
- Why is there no listening of the onboard SATA controller in the test protocol? In this server is a SAS Expander Backplane installed. Onboard SATA controllers cannot be used with a SAS Expander Backplane. The use of a SAS Expander Backplane requires a SAS RAID Controller or (onboard) SAS HBA.
1U Intel Single-CPU SC813MR Server
2U Intel Single-CPU RI1208 Server
3U Intel Single-CPU SC835 Server