1U Intel Quad-CPU SC8016 Server
In this article you will find information about the 1U Intel Quad-CPU SC8016 Server from Thomas Krenn.
Further details on BIOS versions and other Wiki articles can be found at the linked Wiki article of the motherboard.
- Configurator: Product not available anymore
- Motherboard: Supermicro X8QBE-F Motherboard
- Chassis: SuperServer 8016B-TF
- Backplane: BPN-SAS-818A (SAS/SATA Backplane, SAS-2 kompatibel)
- New with version 1.0:
- Intel Xeon 7500 "Nehalem-EX" CPUs
- Datasheet - 1U Intel Quad-CPU SC8016 Server (Ver. 1.*)
- Test protocol - 1U Intel Quad-CPU SC8016 Server (Ver. 1.*) (form to request the test protocol)
- Downloads - 1U Intel Quad-CPU SC8016 Server (Ver. 1.*)
- gallery - 1U Intel Quad-CPU SC8016 Server (Ver. 1.*)
- Can the same battery be used for every Motherboard? Yes, all systems use a CR2032 battery.
- Why is no Red Hat or Suse software available for this server / pc? Thomas Krenn servers / pcs are not officially certified by Red Hat or Suse certification programs. There would be no support by Red Hat or Suse in case of issues with the operating system.
- What is the recommended ambient temperature and air humidity for this system? The recommended ambient temperature is between 20-22 degrees celsius, the max. air humidity 40%.
- Which environmental demands are recommended for Server/PC operation? The recommended ambient temperature is between 20-22°C, the air humidity maximum 40 %. Strong differing values are considered as problematic by the Server-Support.
- Is it possible to install a Desktop Operating System on a Thomas Krenn Server? Desktop Operating Systems get not tested, as we do not support running them on Thomas Krenn servers. A proper operating is not guaranteed. An installation of a Desktop Operating System on a Thomas Krenn is at one's own risk and not supported by Thomas Krenn.
- Is it possible to use the dedicated IPMI NIC as a normal NIC visible to the operating system? No, this dedicated NIC port can only be used for remote management purposes.
1U Intel Dual-CPU SC113 Server
Server-Tower Intel Atom D525 Single-CPU SC731 Silent
Server-Tower Intel Single-CPU TI104+