1U Intel Dual-CPU SC813M Server
This article will show you details about the Thomas Krenn 1U Intel Dual-CPU SC813M Server.
Further details on BIOS versions and other Wiki articles can be found at the linked Wiki article of the motherboard.
- Configurator: Product not available anymore
- Motherboard: Supermicro X8DTL-3F Motherboard
- Chassis: SC813MTQ-350CB
- Backplane: BPN-SAS-815TQ SAS/SATA Backplane (SAS-2 compatible)
- New with version 2.1:
- Intel Xeon 5600 CPUs (Codename Westmere, 32nm process technology)
- New with version 2.0:
- Supermicro X8DTL-3F Motherboard with Full Remote Management
- Intel Xeon 5500 CPUs (Codename Nehalem, 45nm process technology)
- DDR3 ECC Registered RAM
- Chassis with only 503mm depth
- Energy-saving, 350W power supply (80plus Gold)
- Successor of the 1U Intel Dual-CPU SC811 Server (Westmere)
- Datasheet - 1U Intel Dual-CPU SC813M Server (Ver. 2.*)
- Test protocol - 1U Intel Dual-CPU SC813M Server (Ver. 2.*) (form to request the test protocol)
- Downloads - 1U Intel Dual-CPU SC813M Server (Ver. 2.*)
- gallery - 1U Intel Dual-CPU SC813M Server (Ver. 2.*)
- Can the same battery be used for every Motherboard? Yes, all systems use a CR2032 battery.
- Why is no Red Hat or Suse software available for this server / pc? Thomas Krenn servers / pcs are not officially certified by Red Hat or Suse certification programs. There would be no support by Red Hat or Suse in case of issues with the operating system.
- What is the recommended ambient temperature and air humidity for this system? The recommended ambient temperature is between 20-22 degrees celsius, the max. air humidity 40%.
- Is it possible to use a quad-port NIC in this server? No, as there is no sufficient cooling for a quad-port NIC, it is not possible to use a quad-port NIC in this server.
- Why is it not possible to use an Adaptec RAID controller in a SC813M chassis? There is not enough space for a ZMCP (for RAID cache protection) because of the decreased depth of the SC813M chassis.
- Is it possible to run a dual-CPU motherboard with only one CPU? Yes, all of our dual-CPU motherboards support that. Note that only the RAM slots of this single CPU can be used then.
- Is it possible to install a BBU on a 9750-4i4e or 9260 RAID controller? No, the placement of the BBU on these controllers would collide with the front USB port connectors of the motherboard.
- Is it possible to install a Desktop Operating System on a Thomas Krenn Server? Desktop Operating Systems get not tested, as we do not support running them on Thomas Krenn servers. A proper operating is not guaranteed. An installation of a Desktop Operating System on a Thomas Krenn is at one's own risk and not supported by Thomas Krenn.
- Is it possible to use the dedicated IPMI NIC as a normal NIC visible to the operating system? No, this dedicated NIC port can only be used for remote management purposes.
1U Intel Dual-CPU SC113 Server
2U Intel Single-CPU SC826 Server